Friday 9 April 2010

HTML5 video fully working on iPhone OS 4.0




While testing the new iPhone OS 4.0 beta 1, it crossed my mind something had to have changed on Safari. Then I remembered HTML5 video was not working on 3.x, be it fullscreen or embedded. Some of you might remember this address has a popular example of HTML5 video:

http://jilion.com/sublime/video

Guess what, it's now working in iPhone OS 4.0 beta 1, both in fullscreen and embedded mode (inside window, just like in desktop browser), and there are cool control buttons being used. Take a look at some other images:











This probably means YouTube desktop HTML5 mode is also working.
-- Post From My iPhone

6 comments:

  1. sweet. what's the bluetooth symbol about? (Don't have access to 4.0 SDK beta to find out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't seem to work for me. I got a 3GS and just upgraded to iOS4. Went to that page... nope... no playing in browser.

    Can anyone confirm if it works in browser or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't work for me either...i tried it on my iPhone4 today and no luck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ogg files dont play either

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah.. It's not working for me either.. I'm trying to learn how to get it to work for the iPhone, cause I'm developing a site that I'm trying to create in HTML5... I did everything it asked me to do and no luck... is there a script that needs to be added in the head of the code first that the iPhone needs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very nice app. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    car racing games for iphone

    ReplyDelete