Saturday 7 January 2012

The definitive guide to run Siri on your iphone4/3GS. NOW!


If you search "Siri ports" on twitter, you'll find lots of guys asking money to allow people to connect to their proxy servers.

Problem is, is hard to see which of those people are reliable.There is however one server that has been consistently working for the last week or so, the one from siriport.ru. It's not 24 to 24, but it's sufficient for iphone4/3GS owners to experience Siri, for FREE.Here are the instructions*:
1. Delete any Siri files that were installed before.
2. Install Spire in Cydia.
3. After installation reboot your iPhone.
4. Open "Settings" in iPhone and scroll down to "Spire", in the "Proxy Host" type: https://guzzoni.apple.com
5. Replace /etc/hosts file in iPhone with this file
6. Open Safari in iPhone and install certificate: http://siriport.ru/1.crt
7. That's it, reboot your phone and don't forget to enable Siri in Settings - General
8. Now, this is my own addition - to really make this work use my modded com.apple.assistant.plist, that should be saved in the var/mobile/Library/Preferences folder (overwrite the existent file)
Don't give up if it doesn't start right away, normally it requires some trying before working, and there are also periods when siriport.ru is down. But now, it's ON has you can see on the screenshot I made moments ago.
Edit: for people that don't see it working right away, this is siriport.ru own advice: "u need some time to get key! Try click siri button every 1-10 minuets... And soon your Siri says to you". I had to do it.
Also, if you can SUPPORT SIRIPORT.RU, although there is the problem ATM that they don't support PayPal. Anyway, they deserve immense respect for providing this for free to anyone.
* thanks to @AlexQuattro aka Alegz for instructions 1 to 7
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

17 comments:

  1. It's not working for me and I have done everything you have said, I even verified, how many times should I ask it? The server is up as well? What is wrong with my Siri?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still not working for me.
    I've done do everything for around 3 hour ago and now still
    "I'm really sorry about this, but i can't take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while."
    Any help ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have to keep trying, I myself today also am having some problems, but it's working for some. I'm afraid my blog made a big increase in the amount of traffic handled by the server :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I did.
    but still it respond me the same answer. lol
    I think I rest and see that got any good news when I wake up :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG, AND I CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS RIGHT NOW. PLEASE TRY AGAIN IN A LITTLE WHILE. WORKED JANUARY 7TH. NOT 8TH. NOT TODAY (9TH).

    ReplyDelete
  6. THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG, AND I CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS RIGHT NOW. PLEASE TRY AGAIN IN A LITTLE WHILE. WORKED JANUARY 7TH. NOT 8TH. NOT TODAY (9TH).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey ya fellas any luck getting Siri working?

    ReplyDelete
  8. how to undo com.apple.assistant.plist file?

    ReplyDelete
  9. how to undo hosts file????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  10. It shows ‘I’m Really Sorry About This, but I Can’t Take Any Requests Right Now. every time...
    How can I solve it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ‘I’m Really Sorry About This, but I Can’t Take Any Requests Right Now. every time... why plzzz tell me how to solve it???

    ReplyDelete
  12. how to replase the host file i dont know how to
    from pc , and another thing when i press the this file icon it open a awindow with some letters on it , so how to save it on the pc and replase it with the one on the iphone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. hey if you're on a windows pc open the file HOSTS using notepad then you copy the letters https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2346372/hosts
      Paste it and hit the X then save it ;) but its not going to work the SIRI cuz it always say im really sorry about this blablabla. ;)

      Delete
  13. ‘I’m Really Sorry About This, but I Can’t Take Any Requests Right Now. every time... how do i fix this ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You search "Siri ports" on twitter, you'll find lots of guys asking money to allow people to connect to their proxy servers.
    Problem is, is hard to see which of those people are reliable. unlock iphone 3gs guides

    ReplyDelete